Malmens Veteran Flying Club would like to welcome to the Saab 91 Safir and MFI-9/15/17 meeting 2019. The meeting will be held at Saab Linköping airfield (ESSL) June 14-16, 2019. Location is Linköping Flygklubb club house at Pilotgatan 10, GAC – General Aviation Center.
The preliminary agenda:
- Friday June 14.
- 16.00 ESSL Fly-In and Barbecue. We will light up the barbecue at 18.00.
- Saturday June 15.
- 11.00 Technical meeting. Location GAC. Discuss how to keep our aircraft airworthy for many years to come.
- 15.00 Visit to the Swedish Air Force Museum at Malmen.
- 19.00 Hangar party! Location GAC.
- Sunday June 16.
- 10.00 Location GAC. Presentation by Eric von Rosen about Carl-Gustaf von Rosens record flight with a Saab Safir to Ethiopia in May 1947.
- 10.30 Presentation by Thomas Lilja about MFI-15, 50 year since first flight. 12.00 Formation flight with all Safir/MFI attending the meeting.
MVFK has arranged with lower price for accommodation at Scandic Frimurar Hotel in Linköping. When booking a room state agreement number D-354001059 and Saab AB Björn Rystedt as POC.
To prepare for interesting discussions during the technical meeting we would like to get your questions and possible subjects that you can inform about in advance to the meeting. We are planning to put together a list with companies/experts that Safir&MFI users can contact when there is a technical question. Send an e-mail with your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Malmens Veteran Flying Club is looking forward to meet everyone interested in the Saab 91 Safir and MFI-9/15/17.
Please: Fill in this doodle with information if you will attend the meeting. We need to know how many will attend the hangar party NLT june 9 in order to order food. However, if there are extra guests we will light up the barbeque again!
Many thanks to our sponsor for the meeting, Saab AB! Saab AB is the design authority for Saab Safir and MFI-9/15.